Saturday, May 15, 2010

The Austerity Program - Backsliders and Apostates Will Burn EP

When I read a review of an album today, there is always a lot of rambling on about nothing that has to do with the album, be it the talk about the genre of the album or a short history of a band or even complete nonsense and then they will sum up the album in the final paragraph and it really tells you nothing about the album. Well they gave it an 8 out of 10 but what are some of the better songs I should check out? That is what I want to know when I read a review. And while I'm rambling on here it's to make a point. The first time I heard The Austerity Program I wasn't sure if I liked the vocals or not, but I listened to it again and for some reason they really fit the whats going on in the background really well. Anyway, this EP by The Austerity Program has no flaws. The songs are super catchy and you'll have the beats to the song and the lyrics stuck in your head for days. Song 25 kind of starts out slow and then about a minute and a half into the song it's just pure joy throughout. What makes this EP better than anything they have done to date is that they got rid of some of the boring and unneeded parts that were constant in their only LP, Black Madonna. They also cut down the song length to about 5 minutes a piece. So if you're looking for the best songs to listen to, it simply is all of them. There is only 4 songs and you will listen to them constantly. The only real complaint I have about it is it's an EP and not a full-length like I think they should have done.

No comments:

Post a Comment