Friday, January 8, 2010

Top Albums of 2009

I've seen a lot of top metal albums of 2009 lists and the one thing I noticed is that Coalesce's Ox has been mentioned in their tops list but I don't think I have every seen anybody rate it number 1. Well allow me to be the first because the album is absolutely amazing. Ox by Coalesce is my favorite album of 2009 and I can listen through it over and over and still find something new that I like about it. If Coalesce doesn't come out with an album for another ten years and then make another as amazing as this one, I will not have a problem with it. But anyway here are my tops lists of 2009.

ALBUMS
1. Coalesce - Ox
2. The Gates of Slumber - Hymns of Blood and Thunder
3. Converge - Axe to Fall
4. Tombs - Winter Hours
5. Goatwhore - Carving Out The Eyes Of God
6. Katatonia - Night Is The New Day
7. Cobalt - Gin
8. Yob - The Great Cessation
9. Baroness - Blue Record
10. Magrudergrind - Magrudergind
11. Isis - Wavering Radiant

SONGS
1. Converge - Dark Horse
2. Coalesce - Wild Ox Moan
3. Nachtmystium - Hellish Overdose
4. Baroness - A Horse Called Golgatha
5. Tombs - Gossamer
6. Isis - 20 Mintues/40 Years
7. Cobalt - Dry Body
8. The Gates of Slumber - Doom of Aceldama
9. Iron Age - The Sleeping Eye of the Watcher
10. Agoraphobic Nosebleed - Timelord Two
11. Amesoeurs - Heurt

ALBUMS I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO IN 2010
1. Nachtmystium - Addicts: Black Meddle Part II
2. Torche - TBA
3. Electric Wizard - TBA
4. Intronaut - TBA
5. Howl - TBA
6. Engel - TBA
7. High On Fire - Snakes For The Divine
8. The Dillinger Escape Plan - Option Paralysis
9. Witchcraft - TBA
10. Soilwork - TBA
11. Wintersun - TBA (Don't hold your breath on this one)

No comments:

Post a Comment